Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Do you believe?

I'll start off by saying that I have not written in 2 weeks simply put, because I was lazy. Although, I don't think anyone missed me...

I few weeks ago, dear friends of mine had their second child - a beautiful, healthy, perfect little boy. They also have a beautiful, charismatic 2 year old girl who has struggled with some health problems but with loving care, is perfect herself!

I went to visit them to see the newest arrival and when holding that little miracle in my arms, I once again got to thinking. See, I have two beauties of my own and have been through this before, but thinking about 'it' never gets old... the miracle of life that is.

If you've ever given birth and been through the wonderful, and perhaps not so wonderful, nine months of preparation, you have witnessed the miracle that was growing inside of you. From the egg dropping, to the zygote with a tail (which is crazy), to the ears forming, etc. I am not going to give you the play-by-play but I bring this up because it amazes me that some people do not believe in God - Jesus Christ. I realize this subject is touchy, but it's my blog and why the heck not shouldn't I pimp Him out? When you stop and think about what goes into making a baby, you have to believe in something... I choose to believe in Jesus Christ.

I grew up in an extremely liberal household and still hold liberal views as an adult however, as a christian I can't help but be puzzled how or why there are non-believers. Anyway, regardless of whether or not you believe in a God or my God, you have to agree that the gift of life is truly a miracle...

1 comment:

  1. That couple sounds like awesome people, wow! Love your post, Jo. And I loves me some Jesus, too!

    I don't understand how others don't believe as well. A growing baby (for example) is TOO perfect/complicated/calculated and IS a miracle (a wonderful, truly amazing thing), it just didn't happen by accident.

    PS - I missed you these two weeks, whee!

    ReplyDelete