Friday, November 6, 2009

Do the humpty hump!

Here I go with my reference to music again...

Where to begin? When my 2.5 year old daughter was about 10 months old and I would hold her on my hip, she would do this strange gyrating thing on my hip. I remember my son doing it for a brief period when he was her age so I brushed it off. In fact, I thought it was an 'exercise' that she was doing to strengthen her muscles in an effort to start walking.

A few months later she starts walking and the humping on my hip doesn't go away, but me and my husband just laughed about it.

Present time - when we're home she literally mounts all 4 edges of our coffee table and starts well, humping! We've told her repeatedly not to do that to the table, but she laughs at us. My son even tells us when she is 'humping' the table. So of course, now that she knows what hump means, what do you think happened next? We're at her doctor office and I am holding her because I don't want her walking around and touching all the nasty things found in that waiting room when all of the sudden she asks, "mom, hump you? can I hump"? I almost croaked! I started cracking up on the inside while whispering to her to be quiet and no, you cannot hump!

After finally discussing the humping with other moms of girls, most of them went through the same exact thing with their daughters... sigh.... At least now I know that my daughter is not the horn dog I thought she was. Instead, she's just like every other curious girl, right?!

Question - does your child or children have any "private" moments that they do in public?

No comments:

Post a Comment