Friday, November 13, 2009

Love 'em or hate 'em, they're family!

I was thrilled when I received a phone call from my mom saying that she and my dad would be coming to town for a visit. I spent most of last Friday taking care of a sick child and cleaning (and disinfecting) the entire house. They arrived on Saturday evening and everyone was so happy to see them - and Mugsy the dog. We opened some wine and enjoyed a yummy meal cooked by yours truly. Sunday was fun... Monday was nice... Tuesday was okay...Wednesday was umm, fine... and Thursday they left!!!!

Why is it that I cannot wait to see my parents, cannot wait for them to leave and then, get sad when they are gone??? Okay, it wasn't that bad that I wanted them to leave, but I was kinda thinking it. Just is case someone related to me is reading this, let me say that it was my dad who was working my last nerve, once again, causing me to feel this way... along with one dumb comment from mom, but she pretty much was in the clear.

Am I alone in feeling this way? Why do some of us treat our family crappy? Is it because we know they are 'family' so they can't break up with us?

1 comment:

  1. Quick thought...I heard thru the grapevine that you are a beauty product pro. You should include a product of the week for those of us who need the most bang for their lack of pampering time. For instance, the best conditioning hair products you have found. (I am looking for a good hair promenade btw.) OR a good face mask...need an exfoliator/regenerator too!

    ReplyDelete