Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm hooked on a feeling!

I am sure many people can relate to the feeling I get every time I get a great deal on either clothes or groceries - doesn't matter. I can honestly tell you that I get a euphoric feeling when say, I buy a pair of shoes that were originally $100 for $25.00! Even when I buy consigned clothes - which I buy often, I still go crazy Nothing makes me happier! Okay, that's not necessarily true, but I do love it!

A few months back, I went to a junior league sale and bought ten items of clothing for $10! Not 10 crappy pieces of clothing either, I'm talking Tommy Hilfiger, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Lily Pulitzer... you get the point. I was on cloud nine and still am and that was six months ago! Until a few weeks ago, when I snatched the ultimate deal that unless you get something for free, you'll never beat! I was shopping at my local department store and had two sweaters in my hand. The original prices were marked down and there were additional markdowns but quite frankly, I never know what the actual markdown will be until the cashier tells me what I owe. So, I walk up to the counter to purchase my sweaters and the first one rings up as $17.32. So, I agree to get that sweater. The second sweater rings up as 0.01 - yes, that is ONE penny!! So I take my bag and practically run out the store with a huge grin on my face as if I had just committed a crime. When I got in my car, I examined the receipt and there it was in black and white - one cent. It was originally $44.00 marked down to a penny! How crazy is that? I called my husband from the car to share my excitement but he was not as excited as I was, so I called a friend to share in my moment...

Since I know I'm not the only person who feels like this, I'd love to hear about your deals! By the way, I can't wait until it gets cool so I can wear my one cent shirt!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love eBay VERY much! I am obsessed with Rachel Pally clothes and just bought a shirt for $7 that retails for $180 - I am so proud! I also purchased a pair of Loeffler Randall shoes for $27 and they were like new and retail for $300 - that's right. I lurk a lot and don't buy very often but when I do it's usually a wonderful bargain for a beautiful item. Whee!

    ReplyDelete